free statistics
 

星期六, 三月 14, 2009

Worst Week of My Life

The last week was perhaps one of the worst ever in my 24 years. I fell horribly ill during the previous weekend, struggled in bed at home, went to the doctor, struggled another day at home, went to the hospital in the wee hours for outpatient treatment, and struggled another full day at home. Throughout all these, I was running a high fever and had a very bad stomach, with runs to the toilet in between. It finally hit the 'limit' on Monday night when I was admitted to hospital with high fever and some very bad stomach infection. I finally managed to get out today.

It was my first ever admission, and I so want it to be my last. Many times, especially during the start of the week, I felt so painful and horrible that at times I just wanted to ask if there was some kind of jab which could put me to sleep until the pain subsided. Through the few days my life was only about sleeping on the hospital bed or sitting in the hospital toilet, and it felt really miserable. The biggest pain of all would be the cost of this whole saga. This unfortunate incident had cost a bomb, and I'm just feeling really down and upset that I have to burden my parents with all these. I can perhaps tell myself that no one could really predict this, and that such unforseen but necessary expenses will always have to be spent in life, but it's just painful.

The whole thing suddenly brought me to re-think about the whole issue of money, and about how I really want to quickly finish my studies so as to go out to work. Being stuck there in the hospital just gave me so much time to think about anything and everything, and how I could perhaps do so much more with my life. I get upset when I (think I) burden or let my parents down, and am somehow now more determined to work even harder to provide for them in the future.

Of course, I always see the importance of seeing the positives out of the negatives. So despite all the downs, I'm glad I got to experience much love, care and concern during this week. Also, I can count myself lucky that this didn't happen when I was in HK, nor when I am in a full semester in school. Furthermore, it's kind of a hellish period in school now, and what a disaster it would have been if this kept me out for a whole week of school. Although there are only two positives out of the many negatives, I'll just be thankful for them.

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

主页

Jeremy at HK!

Jeremy Teo Chung Xian
24 Year Old Gemini
NUS Undergraduate
Comms and New Media


Happily Attached
38 Months and On .....





An avid Blackburn Rovers supporter. Click here for regular Blackburn Rovers newsfeed.



Your Say



Friends and Favourites

Aaron
Adeline
Bing De
Camy
Cherie
Chuan Seng
Cindy
Ethel
Hock
Jasmine
Jason
Joshua
Kynneth
Michelle
Nicholas
Pearl
Sandra
Serene
Soon Leong
Tian Hao
Tien Kwan
Xin Yu
Ying Ling

NUS
Arts Club
Campus Observer
Soccernet
Channel News Asia
Blogger
Friendster
Facebook



先前的博文


Contact Me

Send an E-mail to:
jeremyteocx@gmail.com

or

Drop me a message on MSN, Friendster or Facebook:
roverses@hotmail.com