free statistics
 

星期五, 一月 23, 2009

Proud to be a New Media Student

If there's one big takeaway from this three weeks of internship, it's the amount of knowledge I have gained, especially with regards to new media. Within this short span of time, I have learnt so much more than I would have expected to, and it's only going to get better. In fact, it's ironic how I feel more like a new media student now than when at school.

Of course with ups, there's downs. So the one disappointment which leaves me a little perturbed is my encounter with some people out there who still seem to undermine the power of new media. Being a new media student, I enjoy what I study, and take pride in what I personally think is the next big thing. In fact its THE big thing now already. And who better to prove my point than President Obama. From his elections campaign, to inauguration day, to a new website, and to the best and coolest of them all, the appointment of a new director of new media! Now how is that not making new media the next big thing?

Just watched Red Cliff 2, and it's definitely the next best thing to Lord of the Rings. I am a huge fan of LOTR, and was kinda sad after the 3 part trilogy ended. But Red Cliff kinda allowed me to re-live some of those moments, as I drew parallels between the two. Both were based on good scripts written from elements of history and myths, both were well casted, both had amazing scenery and effects, and both had really good fighting scenes. When I saw how some of them sacrificed themselves jumping into oil barrels to blow up Chao Chao's navy ships, I couldn't help but be reminded of the scene in LOTR The Twin Towers, when the huge Uruk Hai jumped into the walls of Helms Deep to blow it up. Similarly, Zhou Yu's jump from the ship held great resemblance to Aragon and Legolas jumping off the ghost ship in the Return of the Kings.

Having recently taken film classes, I was also better able to appreciate the technicalities of the film. Sure, much of the story was based on history, albeit some a little inaccurate, but you got to admire how the script was continuously pieced together, as each scene seemed to blend in seamlessly with the next. Definitely an intriguing film brimmed with intelligence and bravery, which makes a history-idiot like me want to read up more.

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

主页

Jeremy at HK!

Jeremy Teo Chung Xian
24 Year Old Gemini
NUS Undergraduate
Comms and New Media


Happily Attached
38 Months and On .....





An avid Blackburn Rovers supporter. Click here for regular Blackburn Rovers newsfeed.



Your Say



Friends and Favourites

Aaron
Adeline
Bing De
Camy
Cherie
Chuan Seng
Cindy
Ethel
Hock
Jasmine
Jason
Joshua
Kynneth
Michelle
Nicholas
Pearl
Sandra
Serene
Soon Leong
Tian Hao
Tien Kwan
Xin Yu
Ying Ling

NUS
Arts Club
Campus Observer
Soccernet
Channel News Asia
Blogger
Friendster
Facebook



先前的博文


Contact Me

Send an E-mail to:
jeremyteocx@gmail.com

or

Drop me a message on MSN, Friendster or Facebook:
roverses@hotmail.com