free statistics
 

星期五, 二月 27, 2009

A Familiar Name

I probably have to dust off the cob webs in this web space of mine, and to those of you who still drop by here (anyone even?), my apologies for the long absence .... again.

To be honest, tonight was just like any other night, and I didn't exactly have the mood or energy to blog, until I read the news. I noticed a very familiar name, and it was an article about the charge on three NS men who were involved in some bribing and smuggling case. Unless someone else has that very same full name, I have this feeling that news article was refering to an ex-recruit of mine.

Well it may afterall not be him, but one part of me says there's a high chance. He was always a problematic soldier, and I would say he was the one recruit who received my loudest ever scolding during my ns days. The problems he posed could be compiled into one long chapter, but I'm not going there. The point is that towards graduation, things got better, and I saw a change in him. On the last day, he expressed his gratitude for all that was done, and mentioned how he was sorry and has learned from all that has happened.

The one thing which brings me much joy and satisfaction during my ns days was to see my recruits graduating. It felt really good to see them maturing since the first day when they all looked so blur, and the gratitudes and salutes that follow is the icing on the cake. I received the same gratitude and salute from the above mentioned recruit, and I was confident that I helped in making him a better person. Or so I thought.

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

主页

Jeremy at HK!

Jeremy Teo Chung Xian
24 Year Old Gemini
NUS Undergraduate
Comms and New Media


Happily Attached
38 Months and On .....





An avid Blackburn Rovers supporter. Click here for regular Blackburn Rovers newsfeed.



Your Say



Friends and Favourites

Aaron
Adeline
Bing De
Camy
Cherie
Chuan Seng
Cindy
Ethel
Hock
Jasmine
Jason
Joshua
Kynneth
Michelle
Nicholas
Pearl
Sandra
Serene
Soon Leong
Tian Hao
Tien Kwan
Xin Yu
Ying Ling

NUS
Arts Club
Campus Observer
Soccernet
Channel News Asia
Blogger
Friendster
Facebook



先前的博文


Contact Me

Send an E-mail to:
jeremyteocx@gmail.com

or

Drop me a message on MSN, Friendster or Facebook:
roverses@hotmail.com