free statistics
 

星期日, 二月 08, 2009

No School, No Blog

I can easily attribute the origin and continued presence of this blog to school. I started blogging at a time when school was really busy and thoughts were overflowing in my head, at a time when I learnt that blogging was a good practice for writing in school, and at a time when more and more of my friends started blogging. This relation between school and my blog has been made even clearer in the recent weeks, as my blogging frequency has since dipped, simply because there's no school.

Internship has been really good, and I would say that I have already settled into that working kind of lifestyle. It has however taken a toll on several aspects of my life, including the energy and time left to blog. No doubt blogging ideas and sudden inspirations do consistently surface, but that flow of energy to my mind does to seem to flow all the way down to my hands. So I'm just going to sum up two random thoughts I had for the past few weeks, one about Chinese New Year, another about soccer.

Chinese New Year. It followed a similar trend as the previous years. Lesser hype around it, lesser visitings and in some way lesser meaning to the whole festival. Then again, this is not the case for everyone. However this year, I started to realise that maybe it's not that Chinese New Year or traditions have changed, but it's simply because I have grown older.

During my visits, I looked at some of the kids, and they too are still having a time of their lives, playing with cousins whom they've never met for a year, snacking on the new year goodies, and receiving their red packets before running off to play elsewhere before they get bombarded with questions from the adults. When I looked at them, I was thinking that hey, that used to be me. Hmm, another one of those "I'm growing old" sentiments streaming into me.

Soccer. Disappointing from my point of view, as a rovers fan. Sam Allardyce probably saved us from being this season's table rooting Sunderland or Derby, as despite being unbeaten for many games already, we're still in the trouble zone. Starting to see the irony behind Ince's remark of 'I could have gotten another 5 more games to work something out'. We would have drifted away by then Ince. A loss to Villa yesterday was expected, but what worries me is that the gaps in the bottom half are starting to reappear. That game in hand we have against Fulham is the key now. I definitely have more faith in the new manager, however if you ask me, I'm only about 60-70% confident that we won't go down, simply because we have one of the better squads down there. Then again, as many captains have reminded their squads this season, you're never too good to go down. We'll see, as the table looks really interesting this season. My predictions, with some rovers biasness involved, West Brom, Stoke and Boro to go down.

As for the top, I think I should be able to give a better assessment than any big four fans. Sorry friends, but more often that not have I seen big four fans being either too biased to their clubs, or having sentiments which are just too anti of other big four clubs. Many of you attribute it to passion, but sometimes I just feel it's going waywards beyond passion, and sometimes even ugly for the common good of the game. Ok to the point, Man Utd should clinch it this season, as they are what I would say the most consistent team in the league for many years. Liverpool, well I think too many people are writing them off too easily, again more because of anti-rival sentiments rather than footballing reasoning. Torres is back, and that will do them much good. Chelsea would probably be vying for third spot with Arsenal and Villa, although I got this feeling that Villa will nick it. You only have to look at the two people to understand Chelsea's plight, Drogba and Scolari. They tend to give me this 'loss and dejected' feel everytime I watch them. Arsenal, well I don't think anyone can argue that this season, they just lack the most depth and experience for a big four club. I didn't fancy Adebayor, and then he made me eat my words last season, but now I'm passing them all out again.

Come what may, it's going to be a great season, and soccer during weekend nights definitely give me something to look forward to after those long weekdays.

0 条评论:

发表评论

订阅 博文评论 [Atom]

主页

Jeremy at HK!

Jeremy Teo Chung Xian
24 Year Old Gemini
NUS Undergraduate
Comms and New Media


Happily Attached
38 Months and On .....





An avid Blackburn Rovers supporter. Click here for regular Blackburn Rovers newsfeed.



Your Say



Friends and Favourites

Aaron
Adeline
Bing De
Camy
Cherie
Chuan Seng
Cindy
Ethel
Hock
Jasmine
Jason
Joshua
Kynneth
Michelle
Nicholas
Pearl
Sandra
Serene
Soon Leong
Tian Hao
Tien Kwan
Xin Yu
Ying Ling

NUS
Arts Club
Campus Observer
Soccernet
Channel News Asia
Blogger
Friendster
Facebook



先前的博文


Contact Me

Send an E-mail to:
jeremyteocx@gmail.com

or

Drop me a message on MSN, Friendster or Facebook:
roverses@hotmail.com